2015-16 Annual Report
The Toronto Mendelssohn Choir continued to champion the choral music experience in 2015-16 through 20 live performances, 4 concert webcasts, and an ever growing list of education and outreach opportunities.
- There was something for everyone in TMC concert programs this year; familiar masterpieces, a concert of chamber music for choir and piano, a Festival of Carols performance that raised the roof, and two presentations of the meditative Sacred Music for a Sacred Space.
- The TMC’s education and outreach programs continued to inspire the next generation of choral singers and conductors.
- The new TMC Choral Composition Competition attracted 28 new compositions from emerging Canadian composers.
- The TMC attracted 140,000 fan interactions, through live performances, concert webcasts, workshops and a vibrant online presence.
- Our participation in the two-year Chorus America Intrinsic Impact Project concluded in May, and the resulting report is already informing our decisions around programming and audience engagement.
- The TMC ended fiscal 2016 in a breakeven position, with an increase in gifts from individual donors, full support of the TMC webcast initiative, and careful management of expenses.
We invite you to read more about our accomplishments in the 2015-16 Annual Report. Please click on the flip-book below to read the report, or download a pdf.