Work With Us
TMC Board Members
The Toronto Mendelssohn Choir is seeking enthusiastic and engaged candidates to join its 12-member Board of Directors. The Board’s main focus is on the long term direction, strategic objectives and financial performance of Canada’s flagship choral organization.
We are looking for directors who will share the following attributes with our current members:
- knowledge about and/or experience with the performing arts sector;
- an expressed or demonstrated commitment to the Mission, Vision and Values of the TMC;
- ability to think strategically and engage in sound, collaborative decision-making processes;
- the commitment to act with independence of mind, and in the best interests of the organization as a whole;
- dedication of time required of a director. Knowledge about and/or past experience with non-profit boards is valued.
To fill the current vacancies, we are particularly looking for candidates who have:
- proven experience in fundraising and building successful donor relations, preferably in the performing arts sector; and/or
- significant financial expertise, with financial designation as a CPA desirable.
The 135-voice Toronto Mendelssohn Choir is praised by patrons and media alike for the emotional intensity of its performances, and continues to be dedicated, since its founding in 1894, to engaging audiences with the power of great choral music performed live. In addition to 20 performances a year, our education and outreach activities contribute to the development of professional and amateur choral musicians; welcoming young singers to the Choir through our Apprentice program, offering a series of fun and educational choral workshops for amateur singers, and supporting the development of emerging choral artists through our Choral Composition Competition, our annual Choral Conductors’ Symposium and the two-year Associate Conductor position.
If you have a passion for classical music performance and education, and would like to lend your expertise and experience to Canada’s champion of choral music, please contact Cynthia Hawkins, Executive Director at (416) 598-0422, ext 222 or email@example.com before April 14, 2017.
For more info on the position, you can review the TMC Board Member Job Description.