Our commitment to you
The Toronto Mendelssohn Choir takes your privacy very seriously. We are committed to managing and protecting your information appropriately.
The TMC is committed to protecting the privacy of its members, employees, patrons, donors, and other stakeholders. The TMC frequently gathers and uses information from donors, members, volunteers, and others who are involved or interested in the Choir.
The TMC complies with, and endeavours to exceed, the legal requirements of Canada’s Federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). We will do our best to ensure that we honour any limitations that you wish to place on the usage of your personal information.
This policy outlines what types of information the TMC may collect, how it is used, what safeguards are in place, and how to contact the TMC with any questions or concerns regarding our privacy practices.
- The TMC recognizes that we are responsible for all personal information collected by us and under our control.
- The TMC will identify and specify to the owner the purposes for which personal information is collected when or before it is collected.
- The TMC will ensure that appropriate consent of any individual is obtained for the collection, use, or disclosure of their personal information.
- The TMC will ensure that personal information is protected by security safeguards.
- Our members are given opportunities to choose how often and in what way they wish to hear from us and, at any time, they may opt out of receiving communications material from us.
- The TMC will make all reasonable efforts to ensure information is accurate and complete, but we rely on constituents to notify us if there is a change to personal information that may affect their relationship with the TMC or our ability to communicate with them.
Personal information is any information that can be used to distinguish, identify, or contact a specific individual, such as your e-mail address, name, title, and postal address. Anyone from whom we collect such information can expect that it will be carefully protected, and any use of this information is subject to the person’s consent.
We collect only the personal information needed for the purpose of providing services to our patrons and stakeholders, including:
- Maintaining relationships with members, patrons, donors, volunteers, staff, alumni, and others involved with the TMC
- Administering TMC programs and concerts
- Processing tickets, gifts, membership dues, and fees for services
- Soliciting and acknowledging gifts, issuing tax receipts, and managing donor, volunteer, and sponsor recognition
- Marketing mailings and emails with patrons and interested individuals regarding TMC programming and activities
- Other communication with constituents such as pre-concert concert information, newsletters, etc.
Information collected through our box office partner
Passive information collected
The TMC website connects to google analytics to monitor our website functionality. The data, which is passively and anonymously collected, is generic and aggregated. None could be used to personally identify a visitor to the TMC website. Statistics may also be pulled from social media regarding the reach of a given post; this is also fully anonymous and cannot be used to personally identify a constituent.
Information collected for membership
Additional information is collected for singing members of the TMC, used to manage your membership, including voice information, pronouns, height, age, emergency contact details, and photos or video footage.
How we protect your information
- You may “opt out” of any form of communication or withdraw consent of use and disclosure of personal information at any time.
- Following Canada Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL), the TMC communicates with constituents who have given explicit consent by signing up to receive emails, and for up to two years with constituents who have given implied consent by interacting with the organization (not including social media). Communication consent, explicit or implied, can be withdrawn at any point by opting out.
- The TMC will not sell, nor has it in the past ever sold, its membership lists to third parties.
- Only paid TMC staff members have access to the TMC database where personal information is stored. Information needed by key volunteers, board members, or third-party contractors for the purposes of conducting TMC business will be pulled and filtered by TMC staff with every precaution taken to prevent misuse of personal information.
- The TMC does not knowingly collect or store any personal data about children under the age of 13.
- The TMC will make every reasonable effort to prevent any loss, misuse, disclosure, or modification of personal information, as well as any unauthorized access to personal information.
- Donors will always have the option to keep their gifts anonymous and names kept off any public donor listings. This may be updated at any time by contacting the TMC.
- TMC has purchased the use of established, secure, and password protected software to store, manage, and protect our data.
- Any saved credit card info, such as for pre-set monthly payments, is fully encrypted and cannot be accessed by TMC staff.
Updates to this policy
This policy may be amended by the TMC at any time by posting an updated policy to tmchoir.org.
Contact Regarding your Personal Information
If you would like to check on or update the accuracy of your personal information, please contact us.
The TMC will make every effort to respond to inquiries regarding our use, management, and disclosure of personal information. If you have any questions, concerns or complaints relating to the TMC’s policy or practices regarding the treatment or your personal information, please contact us.
(416) 598-0422 ext 221
596 St. Clair Ave West, Suite 3
Toronto, ON M6C 1A6