TMC Apprentice Program
Auditions for 2014/15 season will be held the last week of August, 2014.
As part of the TMC’s mission to make great choral masterworks accessible to singers of all ages, we invite experienced choristers between 17-22 years of age to join the Toronto Mendelssohn Choir for concerts from September to April, including performances with the TSO.
Apprentice choristers are mentored by an adult TMC chorister, and receive two voice coaching sessions in each term (total of 4 sessions) by a qualified instructor associated with the TMC. In addition, the TMC covers the cost of joining the Choir (a value of approximately $500), including:
- membership and music fees
- choir uniform
- travel allowance of $50 per term
Please review the apprentice schedule of performances and rehearsals to get a sense of the level of commitment required of apprentices. The 2014/15 schedule will be posted soon.
TMC Apprentice choristers must commit to attending all performances on the TMC apprentice schedule, and 80% of rehearsals. All “full” and “dress” rehearsals must be attended.
Annual auditions are held in the spring and early September.
- Download the Apprentice Application Form and mail it to Toronto Mendelssohn Choir, 720 Bathurst St, Ste 404, Toronto, ON M5S 2R4. You can also email it to email@example.com . We will contact you with an audition time.
- Prepare a piece of your own choosing to sing at your audition. This can be any classical selection, a hymn or song. Bring two copies with you to the audition; an accompanist will be provided.
- During the audition, you will be given scales to sing to determine your placement within the choir, sight-reading and rhythm tests.
For further information on the TMC Apprentice Program
Contact Cynthia Hawkins , Executive Director
416-598-0422 ext 222
Contact Kimber Jonah , Administrator
416-598-0422 ext 221