TMC Apprentice Program
As part of the TMC’s mission to make great choral masterworks accessible to singers of all ages, we invite experienced choristers between the ages of 17 and 22 to join the Toronto Mendelssohn Choir.
Apprentice choristers are mentored by an experienced TMC chorister, and receive two voice coaching sessions in each term (total of four sessions) by a qualified instructor associated with the TMC. In addition, the TMC covers the cost of joining the Choir (a value of approximately $650), including:
- membership and music deposit fees
- choir uniform
- travel allowance of $50 per term
TMC Apprentice choristers must commit to attending all performances on the TMC schedule, and 80% of rehearsals, including all “full” and “dress” rehearsals. Check out the TMC’s 2016/17 concert schedule. If you would like more information on the schedule of rehearsals prior to applying, please e-mail the Manager of Artistic Operations.
Annual auditions are held in the spring and early September.
- Complete and submit the online application form. We will contact you with an audition time once audition dates and venues are confirmed.
- Prepare a piece of your own choosing to sing at your audition. This can be any classical selection – a solo aria from an oratorio or mass, or an art song. Bring two copies with you to the audition; an accompanist will be provided.
- During the audition you will be given scales to sing to determine your placement within the choir, and a rhythm test.
For further information, contact Kathleen Harrison, Manager of Artistic Operations, at 416-598-0422, ext 223 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.